New course accreditation application lodgement fee
On 6 July 2018, ASQA introduced an application lodgement fee of $500 for all initial and renewal applications submitted for course accreditation by ASQA.
At time of lodgement, a completeness check of the application will be conducted to review:
- Sufficiency of evidence demonstrating industry support
- Sufficiency of evidence demonstrating an established need for the course to be nationally recognised
- Evidence of consultation with the Skills Service Organisations
- The course document has been developed in accordance with the requirements of the Standards for VET Accredited Courses 2012, including the units of competency against the Standards for Training Packages, and
- All sections of the form completed and witnessed.
ASQA will provide written advice on the outcome of the completeness check.
Regulatory decisions update
ASQA has made recent regulatory decisions. Read them here
USI RTO Bulletin 10 - 31 August 2018
The Unique Student Identifer's RTO Bulletin was released on 31 August 2018. Read more
Successful tuition protection program to expand
The Tuition Protection Service (TPS) will be expanded to protect VET Student Loans and non-university higher education FEE-HELP students from the closure of training facilities. Read more
TAFE welcomes new strong protection for students
TAFE Directors Australia (TDA) today welcomed the federal government’s decision to introduce a new scheme to ensure that students taking out loans for training and study can shift to a new provider if their current one shuts down. Read more